My photo
mother of josh, richard, and mutt. lover of books, yarn, and the quiet places. spinner, knitter, kayaker, survivor, vandweller, warrior.

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

my best friend. ever.

 he seriously sleeps like this sometimes. there is a story about plucky duck. it's sad though. another time, maybe.
 halloween. cleopatra, if you didn't guess. no matter, the humiliation is the same.
 he loves the van. it is his real home. sometimes when i don't know where he is, i will find him sitting next to it, just waiting.

Mutt is so patient, so zen. he asks for so little, and gives everything. i posted once before about him, just waiting:


http://twokniveskatie.blogspot.com/2009/02/waiting-for-mike.html


and here:


http://twokniveskatie.blogspot.com/2009/02/waiting-for-brakes_27.html

and for those who missed it, here is how i lucked into the best dog in the whole wide world:


http://twokniveskatie.blogspot.com/2008/03/snownose.html

11 comments:

Lone Eagle's Nest said...

Is Mutt OK?

twokniveskatie said...

yes, he is, my friend. got a bit of cabin fever, i think :-) are you safe and warm?

Bob said...

My "Nat Nat" is my best friend too. Dogs Rule.

twokniveskatie said...

hey, Bob, what kind of dog is Nat Nat? how old? Mutt is 9 now, and still frisky as a pup, but the realization that time is short lurks in the back of my mind.

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

He sure is a handsome boy! Life without our best friends would be very sad, indeed!

Happy tails!
Stumpy and me

Becky Lerner said...

Mutt is adorable! I love the pic of him snuggled in bed next to his little ducky.

Stopped by to say thank you, Katie, for linking to my site. :)

Cheers!

Pip said...

I loved this post. I have been reading your blog, a little at a time, to get caught up. I love the post about you two finding each other.
One of my favorite Mutt posts is http://twokniveskatie.blogspot.com/2008/02/katie-get-your-gun.html I have no doubt he was protecting you.

Brian Many Wheels said...

Hi Katie....what a good sweet dog Mutt is.....

twokniveskatie said...

TK and squashie, let's not mention that you are, um, cats. mutt is rather, well, frightened of your kind. and rabbits. and birds. he would protect me from anything, but he'd rather it not be cats. or rabbits.....you know.

bri-that sweet boy is sick. stomach upset for a couple days. he's got til tomorrow to keep food down. then to the vet. who, surprisingly, he LOVES to go to. if there are no cats there.

becky-thank you for stopping by. love your site, and turn on everyone i can to it!

stumpy! i can't wait to pet you!

ezrablu said...

The love between us and our dogs is like no other. Constant, faithful, enduring and without question. Aren't we lucky to know real love?

twokniveskatie said...

amen, ezrablu. amen.