My photo
mother of josh, richard, and mutt. lover of books, yarn, and the quiet places. spinner, knitter, kayaker, survivor, vandweller, warrior.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Serendipity

Last night I made a note to myself,before falling asleep, to buy a small dry erase board with magnetic backing to use in the van. This morning Bob asked me if I had a use for this dry erase board with magnets that he had no more use for. I have magnets to glue to the back, and it is perfect for what I need. And Mutt too, apparently.

I love this economy that we have going as a group, this sharing and repurposing and making do, together. Its not so much of a barter thing, nor reciprocal gifting, as it is just letting things go out to where they are best used, knowing an item will end up where it's supposed to be. At the RTR, there was a "free blanket" near the central fire, where a great deal of things found new homes within the tribe. Since the RTR, I have seen it take place countless times, with clothing and gear and food, in little transactions around camp.

I'm in Yuma today, gotta buy the biskies. We may get high winds tonight, so I am doing my internet stuff, picking up a few provisions, and making some phone calls before returning to camp and hunkering down for awhile.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie! Remember me? (from the Vandwellers list a couple of years ago)

I'm glad to see you're in the Southwest. I moved from Denver to PA a year ago and am stuck here and not liking it at all, but - oh well. Enjoy yourself in that nice dry air and say Hi to Mutt for me.

twokniveskatie said...

Hey Meg! Of course I remember you! What part of PA are you in?

Keena said...

Hi Katie!! It's your friendly dental hygienist from PA! Just checking up and saying hello!

twokniveskatie said...

Omg, of course! I was thinking of you friday because I havent been flossing and im gonna have to go to mexico to get my teeth cleaned. I hope sxhool is going well and tou are staying warm!

keena said...

Aw! Haha floss! I graduate in May, but I need your Facebook...I lost the paper and if I do my cross country trip I want to possibly meet for lunch or something!!

The Good Luck Duck said...

I love putting something Out There and watching it land in my paws. It makes me quack with glee.

The Good Luck Duck said...

I DO have paws, right? *stares at webs*

twokniveskatie said...

Hahaha! Mutt calls his "paw hands". You may call them whatever you want because you are wonderful!